Day 131: April 6, 2012
Mosiah 17
As I read this chapter today I am impressed by the love that my Heavenly Father has for his children. He commanded Abinadi to enter among a very wicked people to preach repentance to them and to teach them of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He knew that King Noah and most of his priests wouldn't listen to the words he commanded Abinadi to preach, yet because he knew that Alma would be touched and caused to repent we sent Abinadi to this people. Even the worth of one soul is so great in our Heavenly Father's eyes and heart. Of course we know that Alma goes on to teach and baptize many people at the Waters of Mormon and has a righteous son who teaches many as well, so Abinadi's sacrifice to teach was not in vain, but even if there had just been Alma's life that would have been changed Heavenly Father would have send Abinadi to teach just him. I can see a parallel in how I feel about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. If I was the only one on earth who needed the power of the Atonement, my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ love me enough that this great sacrifice still would have been made for me. I find that wonderful and humbling. I know that He loves me and has a plan for me. He loves each of his children and does all that he can to invite us to repent and return to his presence. In the Church Office building they put quotes up in the elevators and one that I am reminded of right now is one by Elder Christofferson, I believe. It says that the invitation to repent is an expression of love. It shows the love that Heavenly Father has for us as he sends people forward to call us and reminds to repent.
Verse 11-12
I find it very interesting how much King Noah fears man more than God. In verse 11 it says that Noah is about to let Abinadi go because he fears that the things which Abinadi is prophesying against him will come true and he fears that, but he fears the words of his Priests more as he chooses to listen to them and be stirred to anger against Abinadi and ultimately has him killed. Oh if he had just listened to Abinadi! I hope that I do not fear man more than God. I have such desires to do what is right and I want to know that I am putting my trust and desires with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment