Day 132: April 11, 2012
Mosiah 18
I think Alma is pretty amazing. Here is a man who is being searched for by the wicked king. Instead of getting up and getting out of dodge so to speak, he teaches the people the gospel of Jesus Christ. He has had such a change of heart that he knows and has faith in the Lord and feels peace. I am grateful for his example. He knows where he should put his trust and the people are blessed because of this.
Verse 8-9
Alma teaches the people the baptismal covenant and how we can become more Christ like. We are asked to bear one another burdens, comfort those who need comfort, mourn with those who mourn and to be a witness of Christ always and in every situation. I am grateful for the blessing I have received from living up to these covenants. I know that I need to improve on them as well so that I can become more like Christ everyday.
Because of the faith of this great people, who joined together and were baptized, the Lord was mindful of them and protected them. When Noah discovered their whereabouts and was about to send forth servants to destroy them, the Lord warned his people and they were able to take up their tents and depart, being saved by the hand of the Lord. I want to live my life that too can be protected by the hand of the Lord. I need his constant care in my life and I need his love and support. I need to be obedient in all things and develop a stronger relationship with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment