Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 49: August 1, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 15

Verse 25

Nephi exhorts his brothers to heed the word of the Lord. I decided I wanted to look up exactly what it means to heed something. According to the online dictionaries heed means to pay attention, to give consideration or attention. Some of the synonyms were follow, listen to, mind, note, observe, regard, watch. I think it’s more than just hearing. I think that’s the first part of heeding the lord. We must hear the words which he speaks. He can hear his words by reading the scriptures, going to church, and by listening to the words of his prophets. But beyond just hearing, we have to act upon them. We have to move forward making sure that we follow them and incorporate his words in our daily life. We need to live the things which he teaches. It is when we begin to heed his words that we will be able to follow the path which leads to his heavenly home above.

No comments:

Post a Comment