Day 51: August 3, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 16
Verses18-20
While traveling in the wilderness Nephi breaks his bow and because his brothers’ bows were also broken, they were hard on finding food. Every member of his family started to murmur and complain about this. Even Lehi complained about this trial. I think I am too quick to complain about a tough situation. I sometimes, most of the time, do not look at it as an opportunity to learn. Continued in the reading I know that Nephi took the opportunity to make a new bow and keep doing what he knew needed to be done. He is a great example of strength and faith and I want to be more like him.
Verse 28
Lehi and his family were given the liahonna in this chapter. This verse teaches us that the liahonna worked according to their diligence and faith. As they did their best to keep the commandments and to follow the words of the Lord, the ball led them in the direction they needed to go. I am promised direction and guidance from the Holy Ghost as I am obedient and faithful. I am so grateful for that gift and know that I take it for granted sometimes. It’s something I need to strive to follow more.
No comments:
Post a Comment