July 1, 2012
Mosiah 22
I love how the Lord provided away for his righteous people to be delivered from bondage. They people counseled together and together came up with a plan to flee from the bondage of the Lamanites. I know that as I am in "bondage" throughout my life, the Lord will provide away for me to escape as I am keep his commandments and striving to do his will. I know that deliverance doesnt always come right when I might think it needs to, but I know that the Lord supports me in my time of need to help lighten the burdens which might be on me. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I know that I take it for granted sometimes and I am not as obedient as I should be, but I know that through the Atonement of Christ I can be forgiven of my mistakes and be found clean again. What a wonderful blessing.
Something else that I was thinking as I was reading this chapter today is that the Lord didn't just tell the people what to do. He wanted them to think for themselves and come up with a plan. If it has been a plan that wasn't correct, he would have let them know as they counseled with him in prayer. We have to do all that we can to make decisions and overcome obstacles and then the Lord promises to help us through.
No comments:
Post a Comment