Monday, July 23, 2012

Mosiah 24

July 23, 2012

Mosiah 24

Verse 12:

I love this verse.  Amulon is trying to stop Alma and his people from praying.  He threatens them that they should not raise their voices to the Lord.  So they don't. Instead the pour out their hearts to the Lord.  They might not have been able to vocalize their prayers but they could still pour our their hearts and the Lord heard them and answered their prayers. I need to be more open to the Lord and pour out my heart more fully.

Verse 14:

The Lord answered their prayers and promises to lift up the burdens that are upon them so they are not felt.  The Lord cannot always take us out of the trial right away, but he can lighten the load so that we are able to overcome and triumph over our trials.  How grateful for that knowledge.  But he can only do this if I am doing what I can to call upon him and walk down his path.  I know I am not doing that right now as I should be. My scripture study is not what it should be nor is my prayers what they should be.  This is something that I must change because I can feel the affect it is having on my soul.

Verse 15:

The Lord did lighten their burden but the important thing in this verse is that the people did continue on cheerfully and patiently in following the will of the Lord.  I know that I am not cheerful and patient most of the time.  This is a lesson I can learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment