Day 55: September 13, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 17
Verse 14
The Lord showed the way for Nephi and his family to arrive in the Promised Land. As mentioned previously, he did many great things for them so that they could fulfill his commandments. He did this so that they would know and be able to declare that He had led them from the wickedness and destruction in Jerusalem to a land that was promised to them. In my own life, the Lord has been my light and my fire. He has prepared away for me to arrive in my own promised land. I am grateful each day for that guidance. There are times in my life that I don’t understand why He has allowed things to happen in the ways that they do, but I know that he is perfect. His plan is perfect. One day, if I follow the guidance and light that he gives, I will arrive in the promised land and will know that He truly is the source for which I received all the blessing and it is by Him that I was able to return home.
Verse 15:
I love Nephi’s obedience and willingness to do so. He is given instruction by the Lord and then he obeys it diligently. There is no hesitation on his part. He doesn’t sit there and say, well tomorrow is a good day to start being good again. He doesn’t complain that the Lord is asking too much. He doesn’t give excuses for whey he can’t fulfill what is asked of him. He simply and immediately begins whatever the Lord has commanded him. I have much to learn from Nephi. What a great example of courage and obedience.
Verse 17-18
In stark contrast to Nephi’s swift obedience is Laman and Lemuel and their continual murmuring and complaining and putting Nephi down. Why are they so hard of heart? They had the same upbringing as Nephi. They witnessed miraculous events and acknowledged many times that the Lord was present, yet they always forgot. They didn’t let those feelings become a part of them. They didn’t make needed changes and daily repentance that is required. I do not want to be like these brothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment