Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 58: September 25, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 18

Verse 1

Nephi is taught how to build the ship little by little. He would complete a task and then go to the Lord to know what to do next. I sometimes think I want to see the whole picture all at one time, but I know that isn’t how the Lord wants me to do it. He wants me to learn and choose for myself and little by little the picture is revealed before me. I get so frustrated sometimes, but I know I need to trust in the Lord more.

Verse 2:

Nephi didn’t build the ship after the manner of men, but rather after the man which the lord revealed unto him. He says he didn’t build after the learned ship maker. I have mentioned this before but I love that picture. Even the most learned ship builder doesn’t have the knowledge that the Lord does. It is something I need to work on to be more trusting and more reliant on the Lord for he is the source of all knowledge.

Verse 3:

Nephi went to the mount often and he prayed often and then the Lord showed him what to do. I have the opportunity to live so close to one of those mounts. The temple is a place that I can go and commune with my Father in Heaven. It is a place that I try to go often so I can feel that special spirit and receive that revelation that he has in store for me. Prayer is something that I need to be better about. I need to be more sincere in my prayers to my Father in Heaven and make it more of a two way communication that I am making it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment