Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 62: October 12, 2011

1Nephi Chapter 19

Verse 7

Nephi said that sometimes people trample the words of God under their feet and don’t harken to them. I’m afraid that I am guilty of this sometimes. I don’t always do the things I am supposed to and I occasionally do things that I know are wrong. I don’t want to trample the words of God as things of naught. I know that they are the only way I can return to him by abiding by them and fulfilling his will. This is something I will work on.

Verse 9

I love how the Savior is described in this verse. Here Nephi is prophesying of the coming of the savior and how the world will look at him as a thing of not. They will do all things to him and he will suffer it so that he can fulfill the will of the father and atone for our sins. I am sorry He had to go through all those things but I am oh so grateful that he kept going and for his love for me.

Verse 23

Liken the scriptures unto yourself for your profit and learning. That is what I am trying to do with this study. I want to make the scriptures mean something specifically for me in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment