Day 68: October 29, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 2
Verse 1
Lehi talks to Jacob, who he was is the first born in the days of his tribulation. This recent general conference, there was a talk given, and I can’t remember by who right now, that talked about the importance of children and having a family. The speaker talked about how a husband and wife should counsel with each other and with the Lord to know when it is the right time to have children. He also talked about how you shouldn’t wait until your life if all in order to do so. He used Lehi as an example. Even as they traveled in the wilderness, Lehi and his wife realized the importance of having children and obeyed the Lord to do so.
Verses 6-7
Lehi is teaching Jacob of the importance of the Savior. He is teaching that Jesus is the only way that we can be saved and return to our Father’s presence. He talks about the importance of having a contrite heart. We need to be humble and willing to do the will of the Father and accept the Savior in our life and do all that we can to make things right in our life and then rely on the Atonement to make up the difference. I am so grateful for the atonement in my life. I am grateful for this perfect plan of happiness that allows us to make mistakes and learn and grow and then allows us to repent. Because of the sacrifice of our Savior, we can be forgiven and given another chance. What a blessing.
Verse 8
It is important to teach the inhabitants of the earth of the Savior and how it is only through him that we can return to our heavenly home. I had the amazing opportunity to do this as a missionary in Dallas, Texas. I wanted those amazing people to know this amazing plan of happiness. I realize that I can still do my part in sharing the gospel. I need to look for more opportunities to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment