Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 67: October 28, 2011

2 Nephi Chapter 1

In the remainder of chapter 1, Lehi continues to talk about what a blessing it is that they had been blessed to be lead to the Promised Land. He teaches his sons that the Promised Land will be a place blessed for them and they will prosper there as long as they keep the commandments of God. I know that I too must be faithful in keeping the commandments. Some thoughts I am having as I study tonight are about the atonement. Lehi talks a little about the Redeemer who was to come. He has come. He came to the earth and taught us how to live. He was the perfect example of love and service. He then atoned for each one of us. For our sins and for our weaknesses and our heartaches and pains. He felt all of those things. Then he died for each of us. I am so grateful for the blessing of the atonement in my life. I know it is a vital part of this plan which our Heavenly Father prepared for us. I know that we can be forgiven of our mistakes. Heavenly Father loves us so much. He knows we are going to mess up. It’s part of life. He knew from the beginning the mistakes we would make and because of that he sent his son for us. What a great blessing! I know my thoughts are not exactly in correlation to the verses I read tonight but this is what the spirit is asking me to make record of. He lives. He loves us. With him we can return to our Father’s presence. Our Promised Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment