Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 81: December 5, 2011
2 Nephi Chapter 12
Verse 3
Let us go up to the mountain of the Lord to the house of the Lord. The temple is our piece of heaven on earth. It is where can go to worship and commune with our Heavenly Father. At this time in my life I am so blessed to be so close to so many of these Houses of the Lord. I am so grateful for the peace that comes over me as I go there. I need to make sure to always live my life so that I can be worthy of this blessing and go more often! I have had many answers come to me while sitting in the celestial room of the temple. I love the temple!
Verse 5
We are invited to walk in the Light of the Lord. It is in this light that we can find our way on this path of life. Yesterday we had stake conference. The theme for the conference was John 8:12 which says “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” I don’t want to walk through this life in darkness. Sometimes the choices that I make keep me from walking in the Light that the Savior provides for me. I need to be more diligent and obedient to his commandments. I love the light. I know I am happier during the months of the year when there is the most sunlight. Just as that is the case, I am happiest when I am walking in the light of the Lord. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. For the knowledge and light that I receive from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment