Day 86: December 27, 2011
2 Nephi 17
Verse 14:
Isaiah prophecies that the Savior will be born of a virgin and his name will be Immanuel. This past week I had the opportunity to celebrate this miraculous birth of my Savior and Redeemer. I am so grateful for his life and his ministry. I am also grateful for his mother Mary. I have thought a lot about her and all that she did. She knew she would be publically scorned for being with child before she was married, yet she still accepted the Lord’s will for her. I also she how the Lord gave her comfort and helped her realized that with him all things are possible. He did this by sending Elisabeth, her cousin, a son, even John the Baptist, in her old age. I think he could have sent him to any mother, but by choosing Elisabeth, not only did it aid in the faith of Zacharias and Elisabeth, but it helped prepare Mary for her son. I am also amazed with Joseph and his kindness and mercy. He was waiting for the allotted time to take Mary for his wife, and when she came back from Elizabeth, she was very pregnant. He could have pointed her out to all of the community and then could have helped stone her. But he decided not to. He was just going to let her go. But after a dream he knew he needed to still take Mary as his wife. And he did, and he took care of her and the son of God. He was a very valiant and sweet man.
No comments:
Post a Comment