Day 86: December 28, 2011
2 Nephi 18
Oh Isaiah, how I wish I knew what you were talking about. I guess its time to pull out my scripture study manuals so I can understand.
Verse 14:
Here the savior is described as a sanctuary and a rock and stumbling place. According to the institute manual for Book of Mormon, the Savior is both able to save and condemn. He can save those who strive to live righteously and who repent and use the atonement. But to those who are wicked and do not turn towards Christ and his atonement, he will condemn them and they will have to suffer for the sins that they commit. I want to be the righteous that always comes to the Savior so that he can save me.
Verse 17:
And I will wait on the Lord. We are sometimes asked to go through hard times and suffer. During those times the Lord will allow us to suffer alone but will come to us as we patiently trust and wait for him to remove the burden from us. Elder Robert D. Hales said, “As we put our faith and trust in the Lord, we must battle our pain day by day and sometimes hour by hour, even moment by moment; but in the end, we understand that marvelous counsel given to the Prophet Joseph Smith as he struggled with his pain of feeling forgotten and isolated in Liberty Jail: “My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; “And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes” (D&C 121:7–8). My dear brothers and sisters, when pain, tests, and trials come in life, draw near to the Savior. “Wait upon the Lord, … look for him” (Isa. 8:17; 2 Ne. 18:17). “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isa. 40:31). Healing comes in the Lord’s time and the Lord’s way; be patient.”
No comments:
Post a Comment