Day 84: December 25, 2011
2 Nephi 15
Verse 21:
Woe unto the wise in their own eyes and prudent in their own sight. We need to be wise as the Lord would have us, not on our won knowledge. We need to look unto the Lord and do his will and trust in him rather than trusting in our flesh. This reminds me of my favorite scripture. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your doings acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths. I need to stop relying solely on my own knowledge and learn more from the Lord. I need to trust that He will direct me in the paths that I should go. It does not mean that I shouldn’t think for myself and get to work, it just means that I need to makes sure that I am looking more the Lord and following the guidance that I receive from the Holy Ghost and scriptures and prophets as I make my choices.
Verse 25:
Our Heavenly Father is a God of justice. He has to punish us for our mistakes and sins. But he is also merciful. Even after our mistakes, his hand is still outstretched to us. Because he loves us so much he sent his son so that we can be forgiven. I am so grateful to know that his hand is still outstretched despite my mistakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment