Day 129: March 29, 2012
Mosiah 15
Verses 1-9
Abinadi prophecies of the coming of Christ here on the earth. He teaches that he will descend from his throne above to come be subject to the flesh so that he might go through every human feeling and temptation in order to understand perfectly what we are going through in our lives and in order to be able to stand before our Heavenly Father and plead our case, as long as we have done our part by repenting and having the desire to be clean. Abinadi also talked about how he would be lead to the slaughter like a lamb and wouldn't complain about it. After being killed he would break the bands of death and be resurrecting thus making it possible for every human being who has or will live upon the earth to be resurrected. I am very grateful for my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ and all that he did for me. I know that he is my perfect friend and advocate with my Heavenly Father. He understands me so perfectly and is willing to lift my burden as I come to him and apply his atonement in my life. What an amazing blessing.
Verse 14-18
How beautiful up on the mountain are the feet of those individuals who will go forth and proclaim the message of the Savior and Redeemer to the world. Each of us as members of the church have this opportunity each and every day. We can share our testimony of the Savior by living our lives as he would live. We can bare our testimony by our actions and examples and also by our word. As we do so we are spreading forth the wonderful message and glad tidings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to have been born into a home and family that has always had the truth and to have parents so willing to teach me of this truth. It is my turn to spread it forth. I had the opportunity to do this as I served my mission in Texas and I loved the joy and peace that came into the lives of those whom I had opportunity to teach. Not only did spreading the gospel bless their lives but it also filled mine. I need to be more diligent in my efforts to share the gospel around me.
Verse 29
We are blessed to have a watchman looking out for us. Our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and his counselors and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are the watchmen in our day. What a blessing I have at this time in my life to live in Utah and be so close to these wonderful men. In my job as a custodian for the Church I have occasion to see these wonderful men and be close to them. I am so excited for this weekend to hear their powerful words in General Conference. What a great gift from our Heavenly Father to have these men looking over us and warning us of dangers that might come and teaching us how we can truly be happy and have joy and eternal life.
No comments:
Post a Comment