Day 72: November 2, 2011
2 Nephi Chapter 4
Verses 1-12
Lehi knows his life is near the end and he wants to give his children one last blessing before he dies. He loves his children so much. Even though he knew Laman and Lemuel were so far from the Lord, we wanted to know that he had done all he could to give them hope. Lehi was a good father. I have a good father and mother too. They do so much for me and I know that I take that for granted sometimes. They want me to be happy and safe, just as Lehi desired for his children. I love my parents and am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to such a wonderful family. I am truly blessed.
Verses 15-35
I love Nephi’s words here. This is what is considered his Psalm. He just writes the feelings of his heart and the thoughts of his mind. He calls himself a wretched man and talks about how temptation sometimes gets into the way. He understands that he is nothing without the Atonement of our Lord Jesus Christ. He proclaims that he trusts the Lord and not the arm of flesh. He cries to the Lord to encircle him about with his love and protect him from his enemies. Such inspiring words. I love it! I love the scriptures. I am so glad my mom has challenged me to be better with my reading. I needed that extra boost and I am loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment