Day 4: May 27, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 2
Verse 1
The Lord is speaking to Lehi in a dream telling him he will be blessed for his efforts in declaring the truth unto the people in Jerusalem. I have written next to this scripture the word Texas. I had the opportunity to serve a mission in Dallas Texas. What a blessing it was to go forth in the service of my Heavenly Father and teach his children in Texas the truth of his gospel. Because of depression I had to come home early from my mission. This scripture helps me to know that I did all that I was supposed to do there in Texas. It says “…thou hast been faithful and declared unto this people the things which I commanded the….” I feel like I did what was required of me in the service of the Lord.
Verse 3
Lehi is obedient to the Lords commands. He is asked to take his family in the wilderness. Of course I am not asked to go anywhere, leaving behind my home and processions, but I am given commandments that the Lord expects me to follow and fulfill. I can follow Lehi’s example and be “…obedient unto the word of the Lord…” and do “…as the Lord commanded….”
Verse 4
Lehi leaves behind all of his worldly processions when he leaves Jerusalem taking only his family and some need provisions. I think something that I need to work on in my life is being less concerned with the items that I own. I think that I sometimes get too caught up in the material. Too concerned about clothes or other items. I need to be grateful for the roof over my head, the food I eat and for my family. These are the things that Lehi had when he journeyed into the wilderness. I know that my family is far more important to me than worldly wealth.
Verse 7
Lehi and his family travel for a few days and then pitch their tents. After all that they had been through, being persecuted by the Jews, being asked to leave their home and worldly wealth, starting out a long physical journey, the first thing Lehi does after pitching his tent is build an alter and thank the Lord. Wow. I will be the first one to say that I am a complainer. I have a small trial or obstacles placed in my way and I find things to complain about. Even when life is going pretty smoothly. I need to be more grateful to the Lord for the blessing I am given daily, and even for the trials that are set along my way. They are there to help me to grow and become the person that the Lord needs me to be. Gratitude is so important and should be expressed often.
No comments:
Post a Comment