Day 5: May 28, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 2
Verses 9-10
Here Lehi names the River and the Valley in which they pitched their tents after Laman and Lemuel and told them he wished that they were more like these things. That Laman would be like the river constantly flowing towards the fountain of righteousness and that Lemuel would be like the valley firm and steadfast in keeping the commandments of the Lord. I really like how Lehi uses these visuals to teach principles to his children. I often learn best when I have a visual example. I think the counsel and analogy that Lehi makes here are things that I too can work on in my life. I can be firm and steadfast in keeping the commandments and continue towards righteousness. I have a desire to do go continually and to draw closer to my Heavenly Father.
Verse 12
I find it interesting that Laman and Lemuel murmur because they don’t know about Heavenly Father and his dealings. They haven’t taken the time to find out what the Lord has planned for them and of his love for them. Because of that they don’t understand why they have left their homes and gold to go into the wilderness. I sometimes complain when I don’t understand the importance of things. I can learn from the bad examples of Laman and Lemuel and desire to have a greater understanding of the Lord’s plan for me. Also I can learn to trust the Lord so that even when I don’t completely understand, I can at least be willing to go forward knowing that He understands.
No comments:
Post a Comment