
I have been meeting with Bishop Hill weekly as I strive to make some needed changes in my life. I am trying to be better about doing daily study of the scriptures and have been studying from Preach My Gospel. But the past few weeks Bishop Hill has said some things that really resonated inside of me. First he said that when we want to draw closer to our Heavenly Father we need to turn to the Book of Mormon. Joseph Smith said that “a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, then by any other book” (Introduction to Book of Mormon). I have heard and read this passage many times but it had never really made much of an impact but as Bishop Hill talked to me I felt the need to be near to my Heavenly Father. Also last week Bishop Hill told me to find my story in the Book of Mormon. I am not sure that I understood what he meant exactly by that comment but as I have thought about it I feel the need to re-read the Book of Mormon and find things that relate to me in my life. The Book of Mormon was written for me and for this day so there are things that are very relevant to me and to my situation. I am going to start at the beginning of the Book of Mormon and do 15 minutes of reading. I am going to go slowly and anytime I find something that has any correlation to me and my life I am going to write about that correlation. I want to understand what the Lord wants me to learn from this book of scripture. I want my testimony of the Book of Mormon to be re-strengthened and I want to be closer to my Heavenly Father. I will continue doing 15 minutes in Preach My Gospel also as I am studying the Christ like Attributes found there.
No comments:
Post a Comment