Day 7: May 30, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 2
Verse 19
Nephi is told that he is blessed because of his faith and diligence in seeking the Lord. I want to develop my faith more in the Savior Jesus Christ and exercise that faith by calling on my Heavenly Father more. I think Nephi is a great example of always praying. I have been taught that we should pray always. I know that my thoughts are not focused on the Savior as much as they should be during the day. I don’t think to pray enough throughout the day and it is something that I need to learn from Nephi and apply to my life better.
Verse 20-22
Nephi is promised that if he keeps the commandments he will prosper and be led to a land of promise. The same blessing and promise is given to me. If I am faithful in keeping the commandments the Lord promises to bless me with the things that I need. He will guide me toward the ultimate promised land of the celestial kingdom if I am willing and obedient to his commandments. The reverse is said to those who do not keep the commandments. Those who rebel against the commandments will be cut off from the presence of the Lord. I am so grateful to know that He is there for me. I do not want to know what it would be like to be cut off from him. I am going to continue in striving to do what is right and keep the commandments. I may fall but through the atonement I can repent and move forward again.
No comments:
Post a Comment