Day 8: May 31, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 3
Verse 1-4
Lehi has received a vision in which his sons are commanded to return to Jerusalem in order to obtain the Brass Plates. I think that this shows the importance of the scriptures. We know that Lehi and his family basically had to flee in the night so that the Jews wouldn’t be able to follow them and here the Lord is commanding them to go back for Brass Plates. If the Scriptures are that important, including the Book of Mormon, I need to treat them as such. I am working on studying them more diligently and learning from them. I need to remember the hardships that went into preserving these records. What a blessing to be able to open a book an read the words of the Lord. To read about His plan and His commandments and what I need to know so that I might return to Him again. That is indeed a great thing.
Verse 5
Here are Laman and Lemuel murmuring again! This time because they feel like Lehi is asking too hard of a thing for them. Lehi reminds them that the commandment is not from him but rather from God. I think it is pertinent in my life to remember that the Prophet, Apostles, and other church leaders are not the ones that are making the commandments or giving the counsel. They are the mouthpiece for the Lord. As I have studied the Book of Mormon in the past I can remember passages which remind me that nothing is too hard with for the Lord and if he wants it done we can do it.
Verse 7
Of course this is a famous scripture passage where Nephi tells his father that he will, “go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded. For I know that the lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.” I have read this passage and memorized this passage and heard this passage time and time again. But do I fully understand and believe what Nephi says? I want to believe it. The Lord will never ask us to do more then we can handle. He will help us to overcome any obstacle and figure out any problem that we need to. He doesn’t ask us to do things that are too hard which out helping us to accomplish them.
No comments:
Post a Comment