Day 9: June 1, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 3
Verse 8
Lehi is so pleased that Nephi trusts in the Lord and knows that He can accomplish anything with the Lord. I love knowing that my parents are proud of me in my journey towards Heavenly Father. I love being able to talk about the gospel with them and to know of their love for me and for our Savior. I had a neat experience in the temple yesterday and I was grateful that I was able to share that with them and to have them be as excited about it as I was. I am blessed with such good parents!
Verses 9-27
Nephi and his brothers go as they are commanded to the house of Laban. First Laman goes in and asks for the record, with no success. Then they go to their house and get their gold and silver in order to trade with Laban. Once again no success. I think that I learn from this that sometimes the Lord doesn’t just give us the answer or show us exactly where we should turn. We have to try on our own and use our best knowledge and judgment. I was just on Facebook and my cousin had a status that said Life never goes like we have planned. And I thought that it’s true and that it’s a good thing because Heavenly Father has a much better plan in store. However he lets us make choices and lets us learn for ourselves sometimes. We can trust that he does have a plan for us even if we have to make several attempts at finding which way that plan is taking us.
Verses 15-16
I love how much perseverance Nephi has. After Laman attempts to get the plates, he and his brothers are sad and want to give up, but Nephi stands up and says that they came for a purpose and that they should be faithful in the commandments of God. Sometimes things don’t go the way we want to. Sometimes it is hard to make good choices. But we need to do our best to fulfill the commandments given to us. Even if they are hard or if they are unpopular to the world. We should stand tall and know that we are doing the will of our Heavenly Father!
Verse 28
Laman and Lemuel are angry with Nephi and yell at him and say mean things to him and smite him with a rod. Now, I don’t yell or smite people, but sometimes I judge people in my mind, or think mean things about people who might irritate me or might be mean to me. I do not what to be like Laman and Lemuel. I may not be saying the mean things out loud, but the thoughts I have are not kind and I need to try to think of everyone as a son or daughter of God, even if they irritate me. I need to see them as He sees them and try to understand where they are coming from.
Verse 31
Even after an angel comes and tells the brother’s that the lord will provide away for them to fulfill the command, Laman and Lemuel continue to murmur and don’t trust the lord. I don’t want to do the same. I need to remember that all things are possible with the Lord if it is his will. I need to trust him more and complain less. Life would be so much better if I just trusted him more!
No comments:
Post a Comment