Day 19: June 12, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 7
Verse 1
Lehi knows of the importance of family and when the Lord tells him that his sons need to find wives and have seed he knows that it is true. Family is something that is very important to me. I am blesses with a wonderful family who each take time to show love for one another. I have been blessed to see the importance of marriage by the example my older siblings have set for me by being sealed in the temple and by raising children. I will have the same opportunity sometime and look forward to that.
Verse 3
Once and again Nephi and his brothers go forth obedient to the commandments. I find it interesting that the lord had them complete one task and then go back to Jerusalem again for the second task. I think I might complain a little thinking that it would have been easier to just take care of both things on one trip, but Nephi doesn’t complain. He goes forth and completes the commandments of the God. How grateful I am for that example. It is one that I need to model my life after and be more willing to be obedient and slower to complain.
No comments:
Post a Comment