Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 15: June 7, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 5

Verse 8

When the sons return to their father’s tent Sariah is comforted and says she knows of a surety that the Lord commanded them to do those things. It was after a trial of her faith that she came to know for a surety. I have trials here and there that may be hard and may try my faith, but I need to use them as opportunities to grow and to come to understand God’s plan for me.

Verse 9

The very next thing they do is build an altar and thank the Lord. What a good example. I often times forget to be grateful for the blessings I receive each day or to express that gratitude. It is something that I want to be better on. It is an immediate thing for Lehi. He thanks the lord right after they return safely.

Verse 10

After giving thanks Lehi next studies the scriptures. He doesn’t wait. He doesn’t wait till after dinner or after his favorite TV show is over. He doesn’t put his homework first or his social life. After he thanks the Lord in prayer he opens up His word. Even though I am doing much better in my study of the scriptures, it is not a priority in my life and it needs to become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment