Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 25: June 26, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 8

Verses 9-12

After Lehi was led into the dreary wilderness and prayed for a release from that dark place the darkness faded and he was led into a spacious field that had a tree full of fruit that was desirable to make one happy. He was blessed to partake of this sweet fruit. It was RIGHT after he asked to be released from the darkness that he found the fruit of the tree of life. Sometimes we do go through hard times. Sometimes if feels like we are trapped in the evil and wicked world. Sometimes we allow ourselves to be taken advantage of. Sometimes we inflict our own pain up ourselves by the errors that we make. We are not perfect. Far from it. We NEED our Heavenly Father to take us from that dark and dreary place and to open up the field where the tree of life sits so that we may partake of the fruit. He loves us. He loves me so much that He sent His only son to the earth to atone for my sins. He loves me so much that he will allow me to go through a hard time so I can learn and grow but when I have learned what I needed to to become better He offers up the fruit of the tree of life that I might be forgiven of my sins and that I might come unto his loving arms. I know that he loves me. Sometimes I am slow to recognize that. I look at myself too often as a victim or as someone who is a failure but I am not. He doesn’t see me as that. He sees me as his daughter. He loves me and wants me to be eternally happy. Sometimes I don’t understand the darkness that fill my life, but I don’t have to because he does. He has a perfect plan for me if I choose to follow it. I can and will return to living with my father again

No comments:

Post a Comment