Day 23: June 16, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 8
Verse 3
In Lehi’s dream he sees that Nephi and Sam’s families will follow the righteous and obedient path. He rejoices because of this. I rejoice when I see my family and friends accept the gospel and live it. I am very grateful for their examples to me. My little sister Megan has been a great example to me as she attends the temple every Thursday to do baptism for the dead. I rejoice that she sees the importance of doing this great work and remaining worthy to do that. Thank you, Megan, for your good example to me.
Verse 4
On the reverse side, Lehi is sad and fearful for Laman and Lemuel and the dark path that they walk on. It saddens me when I see those I love reject the gospel or chose to not follow the precepts. I still love them and want them to join the groups mentioned in verse 3. I need to be sure that I am always a good example to them in my words and actions. Sometimes I may forget that they are watching me, even if they don’t want to obey themselves, to see if I will do what is right. I want them to know that I am willing to follow the Lord and his commandments and that I have great joy because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment