Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 26: June 27, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 8

Verse 13

After Lehi has the opportunity to partake of the fruit of the tree of life he wants nothing more than to share his joy and this gift with his family. My family is so important to me. I have been blessed with wonderful parents who teach me, even in my adulthood, how to trust the Lord and how to make it to that tree of life and to partake of the that fruit. I had a hard day today and I was stressed and anxious about my finances and I called mom in tears not sure what I should do. She helped calm me down and helped me to come up with a plan so that I could take care of all of my financial responsibilities. Her lover for me is amazing and I want her to partake of this fruit with me. My dad is a strong, worthy, faithful man. He shows me of the importance of honoring his priesthood. He has blessed me some many times with the priesthood that he holds and I am so grateful that he remains worthy to do so. I want him to partake of this fruit with me. I have a brother Eric who was the greatest example to be of serving a mission. I saw him give up two years of his life to serve the people in Spain. Because of his example and because he was faithful in writing to me I chose to go on a mission as well. He is married to a sweet daughter of God, Cori. I am so grateful for her and for the opportunity I have to have her as a sister. I love her. They have an amazingly beautiful little girl, Morgan. She is sweet and is always there to give me hugs when we see each other. She was baptized in March and I am grateful for her desire to follow the example of the Savior. I want to partake of the fruit with them. My sister, Jill, is a strong woman of faith. She is a hard working wife and mother. She was the first example to me of being sealed in the temple to a worthy companion. Her husband Mitch is a hardworking, loyal man who loves my sister and treats her well. I am grateful for him and for the brother that he is to me. They have three boys, Tucker, Deacon and Jared. I had the opportunity to spend some time this past weekend with them sa they visited Utah. They are such a blessing to me. Tucker and Deacon both got pocket sized copies of the Book of Mormon and they were so excited about it. They wanted to constantly have that book in their hands. They set a good example to me. I want to partake of the fruit with Jill and her family. I have an amazing little sister Megan. She is sweet and kind but strong and firm in her decisions. She amazes me with her devotion to live her life according to the commandments. She is my best friend and I am so grateful to have her in my life. I want to partake of the fruit with her. I can see why Lehi wanted his family there so badly. Family is everything to me. I would not be who I am today if I didn’t have the constant love and support from such a wonderful family. They are one of my greatest blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment