Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 14: June 6, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 5

Verse 2-3

While Nephi and his brothers are getting the plates, we learn the Sariah is upset and worried about them and she complains to Lehi about him being a visionary man. I can see a glimpse of my mom here. Not the complaining part. I don’t remember hearing my mom complain very much if at all. But she does worry about me a lot. It’s a good worry though. She is my mom and I am grateful for her. She tells me it is her job as a mom to worry about me and that someday I will understand. I am learning to be glad that she worries about me. It means she loves me and wants me to be safe and happy. Thanks for being a great example and mother!

Verse 5

As Lehi comforts his wife he shows that he has great faith that his sons will be delivered out of the hands of Laban. What a good example of faith. He doesn’t know what is going to happen to his sons. But he trusts that the Lord will protect them as they fulfill his commands. I need to trust Heavenly Father more. Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting. The common theme was trusting the Lord. It helped me to realize that he knows what I need to hear and he prompts others to speak those things. I am really trying to make a tough decision about my future right now. And I keep going back and forth. I forget to trust that the Lord will tell me if I am on the right path or not as I do my research and make the best choice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment