Day 16: June 8, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 5
Verses 14-16
As Lehi is studying the brass plates he learns of his genealogy coming as a descendent of Joseph of Egypt. Nephi indicates that it was for this purpose, well one of the purposes, that the record was recorded. I know genealogy is an important thing that needs to be done. To study about my family and where I came from. I am excited for this summer as I will be taking a religion class on genealogy. I hope to learn more about how I can participate in this work and look for my loved ones who are waiting to be found and have their work done. I love being able to go to the temple and help those who didn’t have an opportunity on this earth. What a great blessing it would be to be able to take name of my own ancestry through the temple. I know that I come from great roots and I look forward to learning more about them.
I just thought of an experience I had about a year ago. I was reading through a history of my great grandmother Lenna Burch Filmore. She is my Grandma Christensen’s mother. I knew little about her. I knew that when my grandma was little, her mom and dad were divorced. I learned about how Lenna stayed strong and did what she needed to take care of herself and my grandmother. Eventually she married Grandpa Filmore, who we consider to be our grandfather, and who is actually Lenna’s first husband’s brother. He was good to Lenna and to my grandmother, raising her as his own. I am grateful for the great courage Lenna had and I felt like I had a connection to my family member who I never met in this life. I look forward to the day when I can talk to her and thank her for her strength and courage in the difficult time of life and how it was a great example and testimony to me of how I can gain strength and courage and overcome the difficult times I have faced in my own life.
No comments:
Post a Comment