Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 21: June 14, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 7

Verse 13

If I am faithful I will receive….a land of promise according to Nephi. But I think if I am faithful I will be blessed in ways that I need for my life and in my day. Heavenly Father is waiting to bless me with many blessing and he just needs me to be faithful in keeping his commandments. I need to trust that the Lord will lead me from the destruction that he has foretold and into that Promised Land.

Verse 14

The people in Jerusalem have been wicked in not listening to the prophets and trying to murder them. Because of this wickedness the Spirit was no longer with them. I don’t ever want the spirit to cease striving with me. It goes along with what I said for verse 13. I need to be faithful and the spirit will continue to be with me.

Verse 15

Nephi is telling his brothers that if they return to Jerusalem they will be destroyed. If I turn back to my spiritual Jerusalem I will be spiritually destroyed. I have done things in my life that I am not proud of that if I look back upon and long for those days I will not be able to progress. Just like with Lot’s wife. She wanted the sinful worldly days that she had in Sodom and Gomorrah. When she looked back she was turned to salt. If Nephi’s brothers turned back they would be destroyed. If I turn back I will be putting the atonement at not and will be facing spiritual destruction and salt pillars. I need to keep my focus on my goal of returning to my Heavenly Father and not let the things of this world detour me.

No comments:

Post a Comment