Day 17: June 9, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 5
Verse 17
Lehi was filled with the spirit and able to prophecy. The scriptures fill us with the spirit of the Lord. They help us be come in tuned to spirit of revelation. We have the opportunity to study and read the holy words of the prophets of God, who are mouth pieces for God himself. I am grateful for the special spirit that I feel as I read and study the scriptures. As scripture study is becoming more and more a habit and routine in my life I can tell the beautiful spirit that I feel.
Verse 18
Lehi tells us that the plates of brass should go forth towards all nations. In the same sense, the Book of Mormon is promised to go to all people in their own language. It is my responsibility as a member of the Church to help in the efforts of taking the book of Mormon to all the nations. I need to be more willing to share the book of Mormon with those who haven’t read or heard of it. I need to be more willing to open my mouth and talk about my life as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this effort, I can help in taking the Book of Mormon, the scriptures, the gospel to all nations of the earth.
Verse 20
Nephi states that he and his father have kept the commandments of the Lord thus far in their lives. They were obedient and willing to do whatever the Lord placed in front of them. I need to be more like Nephi in my obedience towards the commandments.
Verse 21
Nephi sees the great worth of the brass plates to him and his family. He knows that they will be a great blessing in his life. I have a testimony of the importance of the scriptures. I know that they are a special blessing from Heavenly Father to his children and are a guide in my life. I am glad that my testimony of this can be strengthened each time I open the scriptures and read the word of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment