Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 20: June 13, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 7

Verse 5

Ishmael’s heart was softened and he went with Nephi. He harkened to the promptings of the spirit and recognized that the Lord wanted him and his family to leave Jerusalem. I want to be more quickly obedient to the Lord and his will for me. I question things too much and I want to be more willing to move forward.

Verse 8

Nephi is sad that his older brothers and some of Ishmael’s family are so slow to obey the Lord’s commandments. He asked them how they can act in such a way that their little brother has to be the example. I think sometimes we are asked to be over or examples to a group of individuals that we might feel inadequate or feel that they should be in our place. I think it’s good that Nephi didn’t coward to his brothers but that he willingly set the good example for them.

Verses 9-12

Nephi asks his brothers how they can forget the witnesses they have received. I think I am too quick to forget spiritual experiences or promptings in my life. I feel good about them in the moment but then I don’t think about them beyond that. I need to make changes so that those experiences help to mold me into who I need to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment