Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 10: June 2, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 4

Verse 1

Nephi tells his brothers they need to try again. He knows the power the Lord has and that he has greater power then Laban. Nephi, who has tried twice before to get the plates and has been yelled at and beaten by his brothers, still gets up and encourages them to try again. What perseverance! I give up too easily sometimes and it’s not a good thing. When things get too hard or when I feel like I am not good enough I give up. I need to be more like Nephi.

Verse 2

Nephi uses the example of Moses parting the Red Sea to show the power the Lord has and how his desires are always accomplished. I love how he refers to the scriptures and to those good examples who have gone before. I want to be able to pull example from the scriptures more.

Verse 3

Nephi encourages his brothers with love and with evidences that they have received that they can accomplish this task. I love how positive he is. I know that I am negative too much of the time and it is a weakness I have. But the Lord shows us our weakness that we can make them strengths. I need to strive to be more positive.

Verse 4

Even after the encouragement and testimony of Nephi and the visit from the angel, Laman and Lemuel still murmured and were still angry. They went with Nephi but begrudgingly. I am like Laman and Lemuel too much I think! Reading the scriptures is an eye opener!

No comments:

Post a Comment