Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 31: July 3, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 10

Verse 6

All men are in a lost and fallen state and ever would be save they should rely on the Redeemer. I am so glad that I have the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I don’t want to be lost and fallen forever. The Savior came to this earth to make it possible for me to return to the presence of my Heavenly Father again. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

Verse 17

After recording all that Lehi had said, Nephi had a desire to know for himself the things which his father had said. He said that he would learn them by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is available to all of us if we diligently seek him. I want to have more desire to study things out and know them for myself. I believe things to be true but I need to come to knowledge of things for myself.

Verse 18

Teaches us that God is the same today, yesterday and forever. He has prepared a way for each of us to receive the things we desire if we will repent and come unto him. I love this knowledge. I am grateful that I can repent. I am grateful that God is unchangeable. I can trust that he will not change. And that’s an important thing to me. Especially in a world where it is hard to trust things. I know that I can trust my father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment