Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 47: July 26, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 15

Verse 11

I need to be diligent and study things out and then ask the Lord and he will make things known unto me. To add to some of the thoughts I had last night about feeling like I am sometimes like Laman and Lemuel, I was talking to my bishop today and he told me I was far from what they were, as they became hard and past feeling. We then talked about how I may be like them when it comes to being complacent. I get to a certain point and then I just “coast” or being ok with things. This is where I am sometimes like Laman and Lemuel. I cannot afford to just be ok with things. I need to work towards making things great and always trying to better myself and my life. I know that’s kind of a tangent from what this verse said, but it was more of what I read last night and it just made me think about the discussion with bishop. I don’t want to be complacent. I want to improve myself little by little every day. Another thing that the bishop suggested is asking for direction in my life but not asking for the end product. I should ask the lord to direct me one step at a time. Ask him to lead my one step and then when I have fulfilled that step to ask for guidance for the next. I don’t need to see the big picture. I just need to trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment