Day 42: July 18, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 13
Verses 30-36
As I have been reading these verses the phrase “plain and precious” has come up several times. As I contemplate this phrase I think that it is such a true statement. The gospel of Jesus Christ is made up of plain and precious truths. Truths that to the world may seem simple and unexciting, but which have eternal worth and everlasting effects. I am so grateful that the gospel is so plain to understand because even though it is plain to understand I still stumble from time to time. I am grateful that I understand the significance of the gospel of Jesus Christ to some small extent. I love the gospel. I love the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon and its plain and precious parts.
Verse 37
This verse talks about enduring to the end. Such a simple statement but so difficult some times. In thinking about enduring to the end I just had the thought that this phrase doesn’t mean we can reach a spiritual peak and then expect to just stay there if we don’t continue to exercise and build it. Enduring to the end doesn’t just mean sitting still and waiting for the end to come. If we do that we are not enduring but are losing ground. WE have to be actively going forth and keeping commandments and mankind sacred covenants. I need to remember that. I have a testimony but I sometimes get too complacent and comfortable with where I am. I am not enduring to the end and my testimony is not nearly as strong as it could be. That is something I must work on.
No comments:
Post a Comment