Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 33: July 5, 2011

1 Nephi Chapter 11

Verse 1

Nephi had a desired to see and know the things that his father had talked about. He had desire then he had faith that the Lord would show him it. Then he pondered and studied things out in his mind. This is a good pattern to have. Desiring a righteous desire. Faith that that desire will be shown and then pondering and preparing for it to be fulfilled. I think this is a great equation to apply to my life.

Verse 6

The spirit rejoiced that Nephi had faith in the Savior of the world. I can picture the spirit and angels being so happy that I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he truly atoned for my sins. It reminds me of my favorite passage from the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 27:30 And now, behold, my joy is great, even unto fulness, because of you, and also this generation; yea, and even the Father rejoiceth, and also all the holy angels, because of you and this generation; foranone of them are lost. Makes me realize how great of worth I have. And even though I am not perfect the Lord still rejoices in me

No comments:

Post a Comment