Day 46: July 25, 2011
1 Nephi Chapter 15
Verse 3
Nephi agrees that the things Lehi had taught and spoke of to his sons were hard to understand….UNLESS…you ask of the Lord. We have things that we may not fully understand but how often do we take the time to ask the Lord for his understanding and guidance? Something I need to do more!
Verse 8
After finding out what his brothers were arguing about he simply asks….have you asked? How often do I find myself questioning things in my life and feeling frustrated that I don’t have the answer when I haven’t taken the time out to ask the Lord. I am more like Laman and Lemuel then I would like to be sometimes!
Verse 10
Nephi asks his brothers some questions that kind of hit home today. Why do you not keep the commandments? Why would you rather parish? Sometimes, even when I know they are wrong, I do things that I shouldn’t do. Every time I do that I am choosing death instead of life. Gratefully I have the opportunity to repent, but how much easier would it be if I just didn’t make the mistake in the first place? Why do I choose the immediate results of my choices over the eternal rewards of making righteous choices? I have heard that it is easier to PREPARE and PREVENT than it is to REPAIR and REPENT. What a powerful statement!
No comments:
Post a Comment