Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 90: January 10, 2012

2 Nephi 22

Verse 2:

I love what is said in this verse. I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord will be my strength and my song. How grateful I am for the infinite and merciful atonement of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have recently been reading a book by Stephen Robinson called “Believing Christ.” I am not very far but it brings up the realization that so many of us faith to believe Christ when he says that he can make us whole and that with him we can be perfect. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that he is the son of God and that he atoned for sins of mankind, but I sometimes limit the power of the atonement by saying that I am too far go for his atonement or by trusting to much in my own weakness instead of in his strengths. I want to believe Christ and trust in his words that if we set our burdens at his feet he will take them up. He will be yoked with you so that we can overcome our weakness and human blunders and return to live with our Father in Heaven again. For this I will trust and not be afraid. He truly is my strength, and he gives me reason to have a joyful song as I go through this life with hope that I can overcome this world, with him.

Verse 3-6:

This whole chapter talks about how we can do things with joy. It talks about praising the Lord and crying out and shouting and singing! The atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ gives us reason to be happy and to praise him. My task to day is to go forth in the attitude of praising him. How do I do this? I think that by having a more positive attitude, no matter what the day may bring. By being kind to others and watching how I think about those who might annoy me. I want to have joy as I draw from the wells of salvation! Thank you Isaiah for these beautiful words!

No comments:

Post a Comment