Day 100: January 23, 2012
2 Nephi 32
Verse 4
If you do not understand these words it is because you didn’t ask and you didn’t knock. The words of the scriptures are plain and clear, but you must ask and truly search them to know what they mean and how they can apply to your life. It is more than just simply reading the words. Yesterday at church someone said that you cannot simply read the words in the Book of Mormon. You must also apply what you read to your life. It is then that you can come to a true understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the truthfulness of the word of God.
Verses 8-9
Nephi’s people struggled to understand what he was teaching them. He became sad because they will not take the time to pray as they should be doing. The spirit teaches a man to pray to understand the things of God. Evil spirits teach a man not to pray. Which spirit am I following? I need to make prayer a more central part of my life. I know that when I am praying more sincerely I feel the spirit more in my life and it is easier to make the choices that are the better and best. We are instructed to pray always. I should always be in conversation with my Heavenly Father. I may not be able to verbalize a prayer always, but I can open my heart and pray there. I need to do this better. We are promised that if we pray always we will not faint and that the Lord will consecrate our performance which will be for the welfare of our souls
No comments:
Post a Comment