Day 91: January 11, 2012
2 Nephi 23
Heavenly Father calls for the destruction of Babylon. IN a spiritual sense we are taught that Babylon is the wicked spiritual state of world. We are taught to be in the world but not of the world. This can be very hard to do, especially with how appealing some of the wickedness in the world may be. Satan has done a great job in making media entice us to different things. Anytime I hear about Babylon and getting out of Babylon I think of the song Ye Elders of Israel. The chorus says “Oh Babylon, oh Babylon we bid thee farewell. We’re going to the Mountain of Ephraim to dwell.” I can’t just sit here and expect to not be influence by Babylon, or the world around me. I need to get up and go to a high mountain. I can do that with my thoughts being more centered on Christ and making my actions in line with those things that I know to be good and true.
Verse 6
This verse talks about the Day of the Lord. According to the Book of Mormon student manual, the Day of the Lord is the day of Judgment. On that day the Lord will punish those who were wicked and he will preserve those who are righteous in this life. At the end of the commentary on this verse it reminds us a scripture from Doctrine and Covenants 38:30 that is we are prepared we don’t need to fear. Each day as I make choices, good or bad, I am either making preparations for that day or I am moving further away from being ready. I want to be prepared to stand before my Heavenly Father and be judged of the things I do in this life. It sounds kind of scary to think about, but we have so much reason to have hope. I have knowledge and am gaining greater understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He promises me that if I do all that I can, which will never be enough on my own, that he will make up the difference. What a marvelous things! As I learn to apply the atonement more fully in my life, I can stand confident of that Day of the Lord and know that I have an amazing Elder Brother who has taken care of things so I can enter into the presence of my Heavenly Father again!
No comments:
Post a Comment