Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 93: January 13, 2012

2 Nephi 25

Verse 1

Even Nephi agrees that Isaiah is hard to understand! I don’t need to feel so bad for no understanding everything that he said. But Nephi also said that these words are so important and so they are worth taking the time to study and grow to understand them so that they can be of benefit to me as I strive to return to my Father in Heaven.

Verse 4

The words are plain to those with the spirit of prophecy. This is a gift I need to work on developing. Doesn’t mean that I will be able to prophecy, but I will be able to receive personal revelations and witnesses that will aid me in my study and in my life.

Verse 8

Over and over again Nephi says that the words of Isaiah are of great worth. He basically says that even though they are hard to understand and are not plain, we need to take the time to understand them and to learn by them.

Verse 14

Wo unto the people who fight against the Church of God. Just like I read the other day, we know that they Lord’s plan will prevail. No matter how bleak the world may be at this time, it will become a celestial place and the will of the Lord will overcome all wickedness. Don’t be on the wrong team!

Verse 20

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way that we can return to our Heavenly Father and receive exaltation. He is the only way that we can be resurrected and receives immortality. He is the only way we can be forgiven of our sins and have the laws of justice answered. He is the only way to true and everlasting happiness and joy. He is the center of the Plan of Salvation. He is the whole reason there is hope in this world. I am so grateful for his atonement and for the knowledge I have and testimony of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven loves me so much that he would send his son to this earth so that I can be forgiven of my stupid mistakes that I make daily, and return to his presence again. Wow. What a marvelous thing! I can’t even express my gratitude right now for the Savior and for all he did for me. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me. I tremble to know that for me he was crucified. That for ME! a sinner, he suffered, he bled, and died! Oh it is WONDERFUL!! that he should care for me enough to die for ME! Oh it is WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL to me!

Verse 23

IT is by grace that we are saved AFTER all that we can do. We need to put in our VERY BEST effort to do what is right and to apply the atonement in our lives. After we do all that we can, the Savior promises to make up the difference. In the book Believing Christ, the author shares of a story that happened in his family that he was able to learn more about this principle from. His daughter came to him one day and asked if she could have a new bike. He knew money was tight but couldn’t really explain this to his daughter. He then told her that if she saved all her pennies EVENTUALLY she would have enough for a bike. She set off and did lots of little chores around the house and started saving all her coins in a little jar. She was so excited. One day she brought her jar to him and asked if she had enough for a bike. He knew that it would take her YEARS to be able to afford a bike, and by the time she did she would probably want a car. He knew that he needed to step in and help her. So together they went to the bike store and she picked out her bike. She then turned over the price tag and was sad and looked at her dad and said she would never have enough. He looked at her and said how much do u have? She replied that she had 61 cents. He said, ok, you give me that 61 cents, a hug and a kiss and I will make up the difference. She was so happy that she made drive slowly so that she could ride her bike home. He realized that this is how the Savior works. He knows that no matter how we try and work at being perfect, we can never be perfect. We are human and make mistakes daily. He said that he was willing to make up for that by sacrificing his life and suffering for us so that those demands of justice wouldn’t be taken out on us. All he asks in return is that we do all that we can. That we give him our all, our hearts, and our minds and that he will make up for the rest. What a great story to illustrate this love. What an amazing blessing!

Verse 26

WE need to talk and rejoice about Christ more. We need to teach our children and the children of God that Christ is the way to return to our Homes above.

No comments:

Post a Comment