Day 96: January 19, 2012
2 Nephi 28
Verse 2
The things in the Book of Mormon will be a great worth and they are! I have am so grateful that I have the knowledge of the power and truth of the Book of Mormon. I love how I feel as I spend time each day studying and reading the words of those ancient prophets. I know that it is a book that is written for me and my day. I am so blessed to have it.
Verses 3-9
In the time of Joseph Smith, so many churches and religions contended with one another saying that they were the true church of God on the earth. They preached but didn’t practice that which they taught. They didn’t have the Holy Ghost in their teachings. As confusing as that time may have been for Joseph, I am so grateful it happened because it made him question things and eventually led him to the Sacred Grove where he was called by name by Heavenly Father and Jesus to usher in the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Verse 17
If the inhabitants of the earth will repent they will not be destroyed. I think that is a wonderful promise. I hope that I can be more missionary minded and find opportunities to teach people the gospel so that they will have the opportunity to truly repent and avoid being destroyed. The gospel is so important to me and I am so grateful that I know of it and have a testimony of its truth. I am also grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ which makes it possible to repent. If it were not for his sacrifice there would be no hope at all for us.
Verse 26
Wo unto them who hearken to the precepts of men and deny the Holy Ghost. I do not want to fall into hearkening men and denying the Holy Ghost. I have been guilty of that on a small scale before and I didn’t like where it led me. How grateful I am for repentance. I am so grateful as well for the gift of the Holy Ghost. I need to heed its warnings and promptings more readily so that I continue to receive them.
Verse 29
I feel sorry for those who will not accept that God continues to reveal things to his children today. We have a living prophet, Thomas S Monson. He truly does receive revelation for the world. I know he is a prophet of God and I am thankful that God loves us today enough to call prophets again. When people say that we have enough of the word of God I can’t fathom it because His words are great and lead to eternal life.
Verse 30
Our Heavenly Father doesn’t reveal everything all at one time. We would be overwhelmed and wouldn’t know how to go about things. He teaches us line upon line, precept on precept. We need to have a foundation of basic truths before we can build up on it. Just like a baby needs to start by getting its nutrients from milk before it can eat meat. The Lord has a plan for how he reveals things and does so in the timing that is right for us, even if we may not understand the timing.
Verse 31
I am reminded again of how important it is to trust Heavenly Father and not rely on men. Men don’t have the whole picture and will lead us astray. Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. I know that I sometimes wonder why things happen to me the way they do. Why did I get divorced? Why am I almost 27 without a family of my own? Why I am I living in SLC right now? I don’t know the answers to these things, but I need to trust that all of these things will work together for my good. Heavenly Father has a plan for me and I need to trust in him and heed the promptings of the spirit.
Verse 32
His arm is lengthened out towards us all the day long. Even if we mess up. He has given us the opportunity to repent and be forgiven of our sins. He is a merciful being and because of his atonement, he answers to the demands for justice. How blessed we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment