Day 106: February 5, 2012
Jacob 5
I love how again and again the Lord of the vineyard tries to save his olive tree. Even when it appeared that his efforts were in vain and the trees produced evil fruit. He continued to do all that he could that the tree might bring forth good fruit. Our Father in Heaven loves each of us so much. It makes him so sad at the thought of losing his children and not being able to welcome us home to is presence again. He knows that this life is hard and that we are so far from perfect. He knows we will make mistakes and that sometimes our fruits will be evil. But he sent his Son to atone for our sins. He gives us the opportunity again and again to repent of the things we are doing wrong and return to the path that leads home. There is so much hope and peace in the atonement of Jesus Christ. The Savior makes it possible for us to change from producing evil fruit to producing good fruit. He never gives up on us either. We each have the opportunity to change and he invites us to change again and again and again and again and again. He loves us THAT MUCH! What an amazing thing. How is it possible that he has that much love for us. SO much that he would give up his life for us. How grateful I am for the plan of Salvation. I have thought about it a little more this past week. This week a very dear person to me passed way. My former bishop and branch president, Jay Spratling passed away after fighting cancer. I am so grateful to know that death is not the end. Because of the Atonement and resurrection of the savior there is more to come. I am grateful for that knowledge and the peace it brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment