Day 117: February 27, 2012
Mosiah 4
Verse 6:
The people of King Benjamin realized that without Heavenly Father they are nothing. In a previous verse they fall to the ground because they see their nothingness and it leads them to ask for a remission of their sins. They have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God. This verse says that they had come to understand that he has matchless power, wisdom, and patience and long suffering to his children. They have also come to understand that the Atonement was prepared from the foundation of the world so that we can be forgiven of our sins and receive salvation and eternal life. King Benjamin adds that in order to gain salvation we need to trust in the Lord and be diligent in keeping his commandments. I am so grateful that I am coming to understand the goodness of God as described in this verse. The Atonement has become a very real thing to me and I am so grateful I am learning how to apply it more fully in my life. What an amazing blessing. I know that without it I cannot progress.
Verses 9-10
King Benjamin tells the people to believe in God, that he is and that he created the Heavens and the earth. Believe that he has all wisdom and power. And then he tells them that they need to believe that they must repent and humble themselves. If we ask with a sincere heart we can be forgiven of our sins. I just love this admonition. I do believe in God and know that he is creator of the universe. He is more than that though. He is my Father. He knows me personally and loves me in a way that I cannot fully comprehend. I am a very grateful girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment