Day 111: February 10, 2012
Jarom
Verse 3:
Jarom talks about how merciful Heavenly Father is with his people. They are not making the best choices and are not living the way that they are supposed to be, yet the Lord continues to bless them and let them remain in the Promised Land. We know that the Nephites are eventually destroyed because they don’t listen to the warnings given by the prophets. This happens because Heavenly Father also has to be just. But he loves us so much that he shows forth so much mercy and wishes he could just leave it at that. There have been so many times when I have turned from him and he still offered me forgiveness and love and blessings. He sent his son Jesus Christ to the earth so that I can be forgiven of the mistakes I make, big and small each day. I am so grateful for his mercy that he shows to me on a daily basis. I do not understand fully how it all works, but I am learning everyday a little bit more. I am a very blessed girl to have so much knowledge and hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I am not always deserving of it because of my actions, but he loves me and gives me many chances to get things right and I am striving to get on that path and stay on it as best as I can. But even when I may step off a little, he allows me the opportunity to get back on.
Verse 4:
According to Jarom, not all of his people are wicked. There are many who are still faithful to the things that they have been taught by their fathers. He says that they are in communion with the Holy Spirit. I have heard the word communion many times and felt like I basically understand its meaning, but I decided I wanted to look it up so I could understand a little better what it means to be in communion with the Spirit. According to dictionary.com, communion is “the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, esp. when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level.” It is also “common participation in a mental or emotional experience.” It is really being in tune to the promptings of the Spirit and sharing with Heavenly Father those experiences and feelings that we may have. I do not feel like I commune enough with my Heavenly Father. I think I need to make more effort in talking to him and sharing my thoughts and feelings. Let him know my hopes and my fears and allow him to speak to me by the spirit. I also looked in the Bible Dictionary. It said that when a person is severed from the church because of wrong-doings they are no longer in communion with the Spirit. They are ex-communicated. This is a form of the word commune. I had never thought of it in that way. But that is exactly what it is. They have removed themselves from the spirit and are no longer able to be in communion with him. That is something I NEVER want to happen.
Verse 12:
The prophets continued to PRICK the hearts of the Nephites continually stirring them to repentance. I like that. That is what causes us to want to change, a PRICK in our hearts. I feel that prick as I make mistakes and know I have done wrong. It is what makes me realize that I need to make a change and turn around. I am grateful for the prick in my heart which helps me from going too far from the path.
No comments:
Post a Comment