Monday, February 13, 2012

Mosiah Chapter 1

Day 114: February 13, 2012

Mosiah 1

Verse 3

King Benjamin taught his sons that without the plates of brass they would have been in a continual ignorance and not know the mysteries of God. The same is true for me. If I didn’t have the scriptures I wouldn’t have the guide that I do. I wouldn’t know the plan of Salvation or about the amazing gift of the atonement. I would be lost in this world and not know who I am. I am grateful that I do have the scriptures and that I understand them and have built a desire to study and ponder their words. I am grateful for the gospel in my life and know that it is a great blessing.

Verse 6

I love that Benjamin bears his testimony of the scriptures to his sons. He witnesses to them that the words are true. It is so important for parents to bear testimony often to their children. My parents have been good examples of this through the years. They continue to be now. My mom will share scriptures with me as she sees me going through a hard time. This is something that I strive to do in the future when I am a mom. I want my children to know without a doubt that I have a testimony of the scriptures and that they have been a true and great blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment