Mosiah 4
Verse 11
King Benjamin tells his people that now that they have come to understand the goodness of God and how they are nothing without him and as they have recevied a remission of their sins because of his long suffering and mercy towards them, they should always keep in their mind a rememberance of these things. I have been so blessed lately to come to really know for myself the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. As I have studied about and learned to apply more fully the atonment of Jesus Christ, I have realized that I really could not progress without his love and mercy towards me. I would never be able to return home to his presence and I couldn't be with my family eternally. I am so grateful for this knowledge and for the joy and peace that it brings in my life. I need to make sure that it is something that I don't forget about. I need to make sure that I am calling on my Heavenly Father daily and sincerely to thank him for all that he has given me. I am grateful that Benjamin reminds his people of this, It is a good reminder for me.
Verses 14-15
King Benjamin teaches parents how they should treat their children and that they have the responisiblity to teach them and lead them in the ways of righteousness. I look forward to the day when I get to be a mommy and help teach my children of the plan of salvation and that they are children of God. My parents have done such a good job with teaching me not only in their words but also in their examples. I want to have my children look up to me as I have always and still look up to my parents. I love my mom and dad!
Verse 16: As a covenant I have promised that I will help bear others burdens. This verse tells us that we need to succor others and not to but the beggars off. We are all children of God and all stand in need in one way or another and I need to make sure that I am focused on the needs of others and less on my own.
Verse 19: I love this verse. It ask to remember that we are all beggars. We all depend on our Heavenly Father for everything that we have in our lives. Going back to the previous verse comment, if we put off beggars Heavenly Father could choose to put us off as well. We need to remember that while one person my be lacking in an area that we are not, we are probably lacking in an area that someone else isnt. We can all work together and help each other out.
Verse 27:
I need to make sure that I am not getting myself running faster than I can. I need to prioritize my life and make sure that I put the most important first so that I can do things in order and wisdom.
Verse 30: The last line of this verse tells us to remember and perish not. I want to remember the goodness and mercy of my Heavenly Father daily and use his son's atonement more fully in my life so that I can one day stand before him and know that I have been forgiven of all my mistakes and sins. I am so grateful for this knowledge and for the application in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment